We are a company capturing and analyzing current and historic trends in the relations between movies and people using *drumroll*: the internets. Why, you wonder?
We want to predict future trends and relations between movies and people.
We want you, because you…
- have optimized indices until you finally had to shard your data
- have sharded your data until you finally realized you might need another tool
- know when a key/value store, graph database or SQLite is the right tool for the job
- have worked with a graph database of some sort
- love movies
Your responsibilities working on a graph with hundreds of thousands of nodes and billions of edges:
- Creating a data store that keeps this graph (based on a graph database)
- Making that graph available through a REST API
- Implementing tools for monitoring data health and data store status
- Getting even more data into the graph (other sources like open graph, etc.)
Location: Berlin, Germany
How we roll (or work, that is):
- Scrum, Stories, Standups, Pairing
- TDD, CI, Table Tennis
- Software we use include nginx, varnish, phusion passenger, ruby/rails3, rabbitmq, redis, neo4j, node.js and a custom java recommender engine
- git – Love it, and use it all the way
- Opensource! http://github.com/moviepilot
- Conferences! and Hackdays! We hold a workshop on context aware movie recommendations (http://2011.camrachallenge.com/) at the Recommender Systems Conference (http://recsys.acm.org) and we love hacking (http://moviehackday.com/)
- Attitude: generally http://bit.ly/bd94Kw
Moviepilot is a personalised recommendation and discovery platform for new
movies. We enable film fans to discover the best upcoming releases long before they hit
the big screen and make recommendations based on individual taste.
In turn, we provide movie studios with deep insights into the preferences and
behaviour of film fans, enabling them to more effectively target their marketing
campaigns than ever before.
Moviepilot is based in Berlin, Germany – the european capital for web development. We want you to enjoy Berlin, please apply if you live here already or planning to move here (we can help with that).
Instructions: Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with your three favourite movies.