moviepilot.de is an independent film portal for everyone who’s into cinema. Based on your personal taste you get individual recommendations for movies you will love. People say we are the last.fm for movies (sueddeutsche.de).
Support your local Cinema (SylC) is a MEDIA funded pan-European project that investigates the use of social media by art-house cinemas across Europe. Our mission is to reinforce the effects of social media on art-house cinemas’ engagement with new and existing audiences, and to provide products and services like a free cinema iPhone app to assist independent cinemas with online communications.
We are looking for an intern to support our MEDIA-funded projects Support your local Cinema and Talking Trailer for a period of up to three months.
What you will be doing:
- Mobile apps’ content quality assurance: uploading posters and trailers into the interface of our iPhone/Android applications
- Support the development of our iPhone/ Android applications by installing, testing, and bug reporting
- Tracking statistics and download rates of our mobile applications
- Supporting the project manager in monitoring the network of partners
- Supporting the online communication on the blog and social media platforms of the project in German and English: creating, proof reading and translating texts, press releases, Emails, Facebook/ Twitter posts
- Responsibility for questions, correspondence and customers’ requests in relation to the iPhone/Android applications
- You are as comfortable in English as in German with a good understanding of French or Dutch. (Please DO NOT apply if English or German is not your mother tongue.)
- You love movies and cinemas! When it comes to film, you really know what you’re talking about- you are passionate with a penchant for art-house
- You are an experienced internet user and have good research skills- you are not afraid to spend most of your working day in front of a computer
- Apple and iTunes have no secrets for you, you know what an app is, you have used Facebook places at least once in your life and mobile devices such as iPhones or Android Phones are something you can manipulate blindfolded
- You are a Facebook addict and use other social networks such as Twitter, Google+
- You are open minded, fun to be with, highly motivated and know how to work accurately and efficiently.
- Ideally you live in Berlin already since we want you to start as soon as possible.
- A great working atmosphere in a young and dynamic team
- The opportunity to be part of an exciting international project in a Berlin internet start-up with a shallow hierarchy
- 400 Euros/month compensation
Are you interested? Please send your complete application with CV, a cover letter, references, your desired start date and your three favourite films. The subject of your mail should be “SylC Project Intern”. Please also let us know where you read or heard about this internship.
Send your online application to Claudia Wuthe: email@example.com