We are a company capturing and analyzing current and historic trends in the relations between movies and people using *drumroll*: the internets. Why, you wonder?
We want to predict future trends and relations between movies and people.
And we already do, checkout moviepilot.com – you’ll be working on lifting our app to the next level.
We want you, because you…
- spent the last years creating great user interfaces
- are used to consuming RESTful APIs for that matter
- you use coffeescript and know about backbone.js
- always run the latest chrome developer builds
Your responsibilities working close to the core of an API
- Work on a pure JS application
- HTML5 all the way
- Create a great UI experience for our team and our users
- improve our backend-interface, visualizing lots and lots of data
- creating cool demos to show off what can be done with our data
Location: Berlin, Germany
How we roll (or work, that is):
- Scrum, Stories, Standups, Pairing
- TDD, CI, Table Tennis
- Software we use include nginx, varnish, phusion passenger, ruby/rails3, rabbitmq, redis, neo4j, node.js and a custom java recommender engine
- git – Love it, and use it all the way
- Opensource! http://github.com/moviepilot
- Conferences! and Hackdays! We hold a workshop on context aware movie recommendations (http://2011.camrachallenge.com/) at the Recommender Systems Conference (http://recsys.acm.org) and we love hacking (http://moviehackday.com/)
- Attitude: generally http://bit.ly/bd94Kw
Moviepilot is a personalised recommendation and discovery platform for new
movies. We enable film fans to discover the best upcoming releases long before they hit
the big screen and make recommendations based on individual taste.
In turn, we provide movie studios with deep insights into the preferences and
behaviour of film fans, enabling them to more effectively target their marketing
campaigns than ever before.
Moviepilot is based in Berlin, Germany – the european capital for web development. We want you to enjoy Berlin, please apply if you live here already or planning to move here (we can help with that).
Instructions: Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with your three favourite movies.