We are a company capturing and analyzing current and historic trends in the relations between movies and people using *drumroll*: the internets. Why, you wonder?
We want to predict future trends and relations between movies and people.
We have a big graph of movies, actors users and their relations accessible through an API. We want to make that data available to customers through a REST API.
We want you, because you…
- spent the last years writing or consuming RESTful APIs
- know your way around classic RDBMS like MySQL and Postgres
- didn’t miss buzzwords like CouchDB/AMQP/Redis/Cassandra
- have heard about caching strategies and varnish
- love movies
Your responsibilities creating the bridge between our core data store and the outside world:
- defining, shaping and documenting our public REST API
- implementing the layer between the public API and the core data store
- stress testing the API
- implementing caching strategies
Location: Berlin, Germany
How we roll (or work, that is):
- Scrum, Stories, Standups, Pairing
- TDD, CI, Table Tennis
- Software we use include nginx, varnish, phusion passenger, ruby/rails3, rabbitmq, redis, neo4j, node.js and a custom java recommender engine
- git – Love it, and use it all the way
- Opensource! http://github.com/moviepilot
- Conferences! and Hackdays! We hold a workshop on context aware movie recommendations (http://2011.camrachallenge.com/) at the Recommender Systems Conference (http://recsys.acm.org) and we love hacking (http://moviehackday.com/)
- Attitude: generally http://bit.ly/bd94Kw
Moviepilot is a personalised recommendation and discovery platform for new
movies. We enable film fans to discover the best upcoming releases long before they hit
the big screen and make recommendations based on individual taste.
In turn, we provide movie studios with deep insights into the preferences and
behaviour of film fans, enabling them to more effectively target their marketing
campaigns than ever before.
Moviepilot is based in Berlin, Germany – the european capital for web development. We want you to enjoy Berlin, please apply if you live here already or planning to move here (we can help with that).
Instructions: Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with your three favourite movies.