We are a company capturing and analyzing current and historic trends in the relations between movies and people using *drumroll*: the internet. Why, you wonder?
We want to predict future trends and relations between movies and people.
We have a big graph of movies, actors, users and their relations accessible through an API. We want to make that data available to customers through a REST API.
We want you, because you…
- have spent the last years writing or consuming RESTful APIs
- know your way around classic RDBMS like MySQL and Postgres
- didn’t miss buzzwords like CouchDB/MongoDB/Redis/Node
- have heard about caching strategies and varnish
- love movies
Your responsibilities creating the bridge between our core data store and the outside world:
- Defining, shaping and documenting our public REST API
- Implementing the layer between the public API and the core data store
- Stress-testing the API
- Implementing caching strategies
How we roll (or work, that is):
- Scrum, Stories, Standups, Pairing
- TDD, CI, Rock Band, table tennis
- Software we use includes nginx, varnish, phusion passenger, ruby/rails3, MySQL, MongoDB, redis, neo4j, and a custom java recommender engine
- git – Love it, and use it all the way
- Opensource! http://github.com/moviepilot
- Conferences! We held a workshop on context aware movie recommendations (http://www.dai-labor.de/camra2010/) at the Recommender Systems Conference 2010 (http://recsys.acm.org )
- Attitude: generally http://bit.ly/bd94Kw
Moviepilot is a leading provider of recommendation and discovery services for movies and TV series. Powered by Germany’s largest movie community, we offer on-demand, truly personalised recommendations based on individual taste, usage context, in-depth content analysis and social interaction. Name any movie, and we’ll tell you in advance if it’s worth watching for you.
Moviepilot is based in Berlin, Germany. Our company was founded in 2007. We partner with top telco and media companies including video-on-demand providers looking for ways to improve subscriber satisfaction and usage, with the European Commission through its MEDIA programme, and with leading academic institutions.
If this profile matches your expertise, experience and aspirations, we’d be delighted to receive your complete application, including salary requirements and a possible starting date. Please email your application in English or German to email@example.com. The subject of your mail should be “API Backend developer”.